Tuesday 24 April 2012

Contrast...

For a long time I have been a huge fan of Claudia Carviezel's work...I love her ability to show such diversity and her amazing use of colour! Basically she shows no fear in her work...and if bold is required, bold is what is delivered. I revisited her body of work again today as I was having an inner battle with colour palette. I have found lately that having learned to be restrained in use of colour I am now a bit fearful about being indulgent with it. This has been true with my new scarf designs where I have gone backwards and forwards to try and find a happy blend of vintage delicacy and contemporary boldness. The truth is I haven't been sure if I am finding a happy medium? However, looking at Claudia Carviezel's work again has been me think that ultimately the design needs to be fit for purpose. In this instance I want my scarves to be interesting and stimulating when they are worn not just to look at as a whole design. For me this means good use of contrast in the design when draped around the neckline. Going to keep experimenting to find that elusive all important balance!


1 comment:

  1. Love this work! Think it is your colour pallet and more your style in many ways so I hope to see some striking scarfs in the not so distant future. I like the fact that the flowers almost look 3d too ...

    ReplyDelete